Payment & Shipping Terms:
|CAS No.:||611-72-3||Melting Point:||120-122°C|
|Appearance:||White Crystalline Powder||Storage:||Cool And Dry|
|MF:||C8H8O3||Type:||Auxiliaries And Other Medicinal Chemicals|
USP Standard Pharmaceutical Intermediates Paclitaxel 33069-62-4 for Anti Tumor
1. Production Applicaion
Natural Paclitaxel is a mitotic inhibitor used in cancer chemotherapy. It was discovered in a National Cancer Institute program at the Research Triangle Institute in 1967 when Monroe E. Wall and Mansukh C. Wani isolated it from the bark of the Pacific yew tree, Taxus brevifolia and named it 'taxol'. When it was developed commercially by Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) the generic name was changed to 'paclitaxel' and the BMS compound is sold under the trademark 'TAXOL'. In this formulation, paclitaxel is dissolved in Cremophor EL and ethanol, as a delivery agent.
1. Paclitaxel is a mitotic inhibitor drup used in the treatment of cancer.
2. Isolated the compound from the bark of the Pacific yew tree, Taxus brevifolia, and noted its antitumor activity in a broad range of rodent tumors.
3. Paclitaxel has since become an effective tool of doctors who treat patients with lung, ovarian, breast cancer, and advanced forms of Kaposi's sarcoma.
4. Paclitaxel is also used for the prevention of restenosis (recurrent narrowing) of coronary stents; locally delivered to the wall of the coronary artery, a paclitaxel coating limits the growth of neointima (scar tissue) within stents.
Paclitaxel is now used to treat patients with lung, ovarian, breast cancer, head and neck cancer, and advanced forms of Kaposi's sarcoma. Paclitaxel is also used for the prevention of restenosis. Paclitaxel stabilizes microtubules and as a result, interferes with the normal breakdown of microtubules during cell division. Together with docetaxel, it forms the drug category of the taxanes .
4. Featured Advantage
1. Fast lead time: Samples from stock; bulk production within 7 days;
2. Credit guarantee: Alibaba Trade Assurance;
3. Quality guarantee: International Authorized Third-Party Test for the products you need.
4. HACCP, ISO, KOSHER,QC certifications available.
Contact Person: Wei